This is privacy notice of Shuna Yoga.
We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit my website (regardless of where you visit it from). I’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you.
WHO I AM AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or service or complete my contact form.
This website is not intended for children and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when I am collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why I am using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Shuna Yoga is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Shuna Yoga”, “I”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). My contact details are:
Shuna Yoga, 31a Downleze, Bristol BS9 1LU
07463 964 119
For all data matters contact Shuna Griffin.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THE PERSONAL DATA I COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data
- First name
- Last name
- Contact Data
- Billing address
- Delivery address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Job title/role
- Technical data
- IP Address
I also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, I may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if I combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, I treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract I have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, I may have to cancel a product or service you have with Shuna Yoga but I will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- Subscribe to receive marketing information by email
- Purchase a product or service
- Request a quote or estimate for a Yoga session/Workshop
- Submit a contact form
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of my business in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. I make sure I consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before I process your personal data for my legitimate interests. I do not use your personal data for activities where my interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless I have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how I assess my legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting the data controller.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which I am using your data. Please contact the data controller if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To send marketing information via email
Sending information requested via our website or an event
I strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
I may use your data to form a view on what I think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how I decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have requested information or purchased goods or services from Shuna Yoga and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting [email protected] at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product OR service experience or other transactions.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact the data controller.
If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties e.g.
- Contractors and freelances engaged by Shuna Yoga to complete work upon an agreed project
- External Third Parties Service, e.g.
- Professional advisers acting as processors, including solicitors and accountants based in the UK
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom I may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of my business or my assets. Alternatively, I may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to my business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
I do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, I have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where my processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact: [email protected]
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this notice and your duty to inform Shuna Yoga of changes
This version was last updated on 13 November 2019.
Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with Shuna Yoga. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact our data controller on [email protected]
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.